the full residency program
Addiction is one of the most dangerous diseases that may affect people of different ages and social classes. Therefore, it was necessary for us to find effective treatment methods and programs to treat drug addiction in proportion to the social, psychological, and health status of the addict. One of the best and most effective of these treatment programs is the full residence program, which allows patients to lead their normal lives in a safe environment without drug abuse and under integrated 24-hour care inside the Dar El-Taafy Center.
What is the full residency program?
The full-residency program at Dar El-Taafy is considered one of the most effective addiction treatment programs in the Middle East and it is called the halfway house or recovery house. Where the doctors and experts of addiction treatment at Dar El-Taafy have developed this treatment program to be the perfect solution for all patients and their families, given that it contains precise medical control that the addict is subjected to throughout the day as a result of his stay in the clinic during the treatment period, which prevents him from relapse and drug abuse. This is in addition to the fact that the addict is in a completely safe healthy environment, which pushes him to complete the treatment stages and reach recovery.
The patient resides inside Dar El-Taafy throughout the addiction treatment and rehabilitation period and does not leave until he reaches full recovery. The patient is also surrounded by a completely healthy atmosphere away from any means of obtaining drugs, in addition to continuous monitoring and close supervision throughout the day to avoid relapses that cause him to use again, in addition to maintaining complete privacy and absolute confidentiality that prevents leakage of any information about his personality.
The success of the full-residency program also depends on group therapy, where inmates try to help each other, first by “abstaining”, and then by helping each other “change the way they think” and deal with their feelings and behaviors that make them suffer in their daily lives. This is in addition to learning a new way to live without using drugs and to accept life on its own terms under the supervision of a doctor and a therapist and led by treatment groups.
How long does a full residency program take for addiction treatment?
The duration of the addiction treatment depends in general on the health status of the addict, whether psychologically or physically, and it also depends on the type of stimulant drug that was used. However, in most cases, the duration of the addiction treatment in the full residency program at Dar El-Taafy Hospital is 45 days.
The therapeutic stages in the full residency program
- Conducting a thorough medical examination, accurate evaluation of the patient, and developing a treatment plan based on his needs, health status, and the effect of the drug on him.
- Treating the psychological and physical symptoms of addiction, starting with the phase of detox, relieving withdrawal symptoms, and repairing the damage that occurs to brain and body functions.
- Managing and directing the specialized medication program according to a doctor’s guidance.
- Continuously and periodically meeting the specialized psychiatrist up to 3 times a week.
- Ongoing group meetings with other addicts to provide support and encouragement.
- Identifying and treating the main causes that led to drug abuse, whether they are physical, psychological, or social.
- Subjecting the patient to psychological treatment and social rehabilitation to ensure that he reaches full recovery and obtains a new healthy life free of drugs, even after leaving Dar El-Taafy.
Advantages of the full residency program
- Access to medical care and close monitoring 24 hours a day.
- Being in a healthy environment and the availability of treatment resources increases the support and encouragement for the addict and increases the chance of a full recovery.
- Hotel-like service at the highest level, in addition to sleeping in a quietly designed room according to psychiatric standards, providing a comfortable and safe sleep.
- Changing the usual sceneries and replacing them with new ones can positively affect the psychological state of the addict and encourages him to seek treatment.
- Staying away from bad friends and places that are considered one of the biggest factors that led the patient to addiction.
- Fast access to medication and medical support helps with avoiding side effects, especially in the event of bouts of violence and depression.
- Changing the daily habits of the patient and pushing him to completely change his life.
Which addiction cases are suitable for the full residency program?
The full-residency program is suitable for all drug addiction cases, especially severe addiction cases that require 24-hour monitoring and fast availability of medical drug support. Examples of those cases in which the full residency program is suitable:
- Patients with drug addiction such as Tramadol and Lyrica addiction
- Patients addicted to chemically synthesized drugs such as Strox and crystal meth
- Patients addicted to natural, cultivated drugs such as hashish and marijuana.