At Dar El-Taafy we know very well that the pressures of daily life are accompanied by insomnia as a result of overthinking and anxiety that may extend to the hours of the night dedicated to rest, and because it has become easy to obtain sleeping pills without consulting a specialist, the addiction to these pills has become a noticeable and dangerous problem that cannot be overlooked. Therefore, we have allocated a special treatment program for you to help you control your life in a more healthy way away from hypnotics, but before addressing the treatment, we must first define sleeping pills and their dangers to its users, especially Night Calm medication because of its terrifying widespread and negative effects.
Some commonly prescribed sleeping pills such as Night Calm can have serious side effects and withdrawal effects and it may take a long time for a person to start to feel scared of the thought of stopping them.
Night Calm is classified as a sleeping pill that can be used to treat conditions that vary from anxiety and withdrawal symptoms resulting from alcoholism. Night Calm works to give a calming effect, it helps to eliminate insomnia and falling asleep quickly, while reducing the problem of frequent awakening during sleeping hours. This gives the body a suitable period of rest that it needs, especially if the person suffers from anxiety and tension.
Withdrawal symptoms from sleeping pills can be very serious so we highly recommend seeking treatment by a medical professional or a medical detox facility. Medical detoxification is the safest way to detoxify sleeping pills and other addictive substances.
Important information about Night Calm pills
- It is recommended to take Night Calm immediately before bed and it should not be taken at any other time.
- It is not recommended to use Night Calm for a period longer than two weeks.
- In most cases, it is preferable to gradually increase the dose from 1 mg to 4 mg under the supervision of the physician treating the patient who suffers from insomnia.
- We must note that driving the car the next day after using Night Calm, increasing the dose, or engaging in any activity that requires attention and full vigilance may pose a danger to the user of Night Calm and others.
- The effect of Night Calm begins two hours after taking the tablets, and the effect lasts from 8 to 10 hours.
- Also, patients with chronic diseases of the liver and kidneys, lung and breathing problems, and those with a history of mood disorders should not use Night Calm except under the supervision of a doctor.
Night Calm Addiction
The severity of sleeping pills withdrawal symptoms can vary from one person to another, based on a number of factors, such as the severity and duration of the addiction.
When a user stops taking sleeping pills they have been using for a long time, they may experience withdrawal symptoms as the body tries to adapt to the sudden cessation of the pills.
In the long run, Night Calm causes addiction to its abusers. Therefore, we advise the person, not to consume more than the dose specified by his physician, or to stop the medication suddenly. The doctor gradually reduces the dose to avoid withdrawal symptoms of the drug, such as:
The Night Calm addict becomes prone to several side effects, including:
- Urinary infections
- Dry mouth
- Neurological pain
- Bad taste in the mouth
- Cold symptoms such as sneezing or a runny nose
The more serious side effects of Night Calm:
- Extreme sleepiness during the day
- The user may not remember doing some activities
- Abnormal thoughts and behaviors and hallucinations
- Symptoms of depression or anxiety
- Allergy symptoms
- Night Calm also causes loss of appetite, which causes weight loss.
- Sleeping pills often reduce sexual desire and reduce erection for men, and this effect disappears after stopping taking Night Calm pills or sleeping pills in general.
- Excessive doses of Night Calm may expose the patient to serious complications and may lead to death with very high doses.
The therapeutic program for Night Calm addiction at Dar El-Taafy
When a sleeping pill addict stops using them, he may have trouble sleeping the first few nights.
At Dar El-Taafy we offer a wide range of therapeutic services, including detox services, which can help people of all ages stop abusing sleeping pills and guide them on the right path to a healthier, medically supervised life.
First, we must clarify that the treatment program for Night Calm pills does not require any kind of residency at Dar El-Taafy hospital because it’s not as dangerous as other types of addiction, and its withdrawal symptoms are not as strong as those of patients addicted to more powerful narcotics.
Second, an explanation of the treatment program:
- Accurate and detailed diagnosis of the patient from a specialist doctor.
- Developing an appropriate treatment plan for the patient’s condition to help him overcome the period of withdrawal symptoms resulting from stopping the consumption of Night Calm.
- Develop an appropriate medication program to alleviate withdrawal symptoms
- An intensive 6-session therapy course that includes cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia with one of our psychiatrists.